Re: Fw: PROBLEM: SB Live! 5.1 (emu10k1, rev. 0a) doesn't work with 2.6.15

From: Takashi Iwai
Date: Mon Feb 13 2006 - 10:06:24 EST

At Mon, 13 Feb 2006 04:09:00 -0800,
Andrew Morton wrote:

> Begin forwarded message:
>
> Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2006 00:03:48 +0200
> From: ghrt <ghrt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> To: linux-kernel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: PROBLEM: SB Live! 5.1 (emu10k1, rev. 0a) doesn't work with 2.6.15
>

> hello
>
> i've compiled vanilla 2.6.15 and my sound card doesn't work anymore.
> i can see it in kmix (and adjust the volumes, too), it appears in
> dmesg (at ALSA devices), xmms & mplayer doesn't say anything about
> errors, but it doesn't make any sound.
> the onboard soundcard, via8233, works well with the same 2.6.15.
> sb live! works well with 2.6.14.2 and previous.
> i'm using an updated Slackware.
>
> if you have any questions i'll answer.

First check /proc/asound/cards to see whether the emu10k1 model is
detected properly. If '[Unknown]' is shown, your model is not
listed in the whitelist.

There was a bug that the front control conflicts with ac97 and emu10k1
dsp which was already fixed in the latest version (at least on
2.6.16-rc3).

Takashi