Re: CD writing in future Linux (stirring up a hornets' nest)

From: D. Hazelton
Date: Tue Feb 14 2006 - 17:01:41 EST

On Tuesday 14 February 2006 11:40, Joerg Schilling wrote:

> > > I did get no reply.
> > >
> > > Does this mean that you are no longer interested because I request real
> > > work instead of a cheap hack?
> >
> > Joerg, enough with the personal attacks. That you didn't see the reply is
> > just proof that you don't read the entirety of messages posted or sent to
> > you directly.
> >
> > here is both responses:
>
> It seems that you still not understand that you cannot demand things from
> me that Linux does not offer at all.
>
> The person who had problem with the fact that I like a patch to fit into
> the spirit of the current implementation obviously does not know that he
> tries to demand things that he will not get from any known project.
>
> Jörg

And what was demanded?

He asked for an assurance that you would look at the patch and at least
consider including it rather than debying it sight unseen as you did with
Matthias' patch.

Furthermore, he provided a sample of what he was doing to achieve the goal he
posted of having cdrecord print useful data for those people who have
multiple devices and to whom the btl addresses and vendor strings mean
little.

DRH