Re: Wrong number of core_siblings in sysfs for Athlon64 X2

From: Jesper Juhl
Date: Thu Feb 16 2006 - 17:06:06 EST

On 2/16/06, Andi Kleen <ak@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thursday 16 February 2006 22:46, Jesper Juhl wrote:
>
> > Obviously something is wrong, but I just can't seem to spot it. Any clues?
>
> It's a bitmap. 3 = 0b11

When I was reading the smpboot code my brain *was* actually in the
"this is a bitmap" mode, but when I then looked at the sysfs code it
for some reason switched to "this wants to just print the number of
siblings as an integer" mode - which was obviously where I went wrong.
If it's being treated as a bitmap when it's created why would that
change when it gets printed - D'OH!

Thank you very much for that hit with the clue stick Andi.

--
Jesper Juhl <jesper.juhl@xxxxxxxxx>