Re: CD writing in future Linux (stirring up a hornets' nest)

From: Nix
Date: Thu Feb 16 2006 - 19:39:55 EST

On Thu, 16 Feb 2006, Martin Mares noted:
> Hello!
>
>> ide-scsi is used and needed but made unsusable.
>
> Used maybe, but needed by whom?

Why, by Joerg of course, with his magic telepathy helmet which enables
him to tell exactly how long people he doesn't know have been using
Linux, and lets him determine exactly how broken all patches written by
other people are without even looking at them, and his great genius
which enables him to tell exactly how Linux must work (i.e., exactly
like Solaris), regardless of what any of those fools who actually
*wrote* it may think.

How could you possibly think anything else? Nothing else would be
*rational*. You of course should not respond until you agree with Joerg
in all matters.

(I was wondering how Joerg managed to unilaterally impose new licensing
terms on cdrecord without going through lots of trouble asking all the
other contributors. I guess I know now: there *are* no other
contributors, because nobody else can bear to work with him.)