Re: 2.6.16-rc3-git5: drivers/acpi/osl.c:57:38: empty filename in#include

From: Martin MOKREJŠ
Date: Fri Feb 17 2006 - 04:10:55 EST

Hi Adrian,
thanks for answer, pitty that Kconfig cannot prevent empty values.
But I don't mind that much.
M.

Adrian Bunk wrote:
On Thu, Feb 16, 2006 at 12:12:19AM +0100, Martin MOKREJ? wrote:
I have the following problem when compiling linux kernel on Intel Pentium4M machine:

drivers/acpi/osl.c:57:38: empty filename in #include
drivers/acpi/osl.c: In function `acpi_os_table_override':
drivers/acpi/osl.c:258: error: `AmlCode' undeclared (first use in this function)
drivers/acpi/osl.c:258: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
drivers/acpi/osl.c:258: error: for each function it appears in.)
make[2]: *** [drivers/acpi/osl.o] Error 1

It turned out I have enabled the custom DSDT option but the field for the custom file have left empty. That's the cause for the error.
Something should probably take care of this case. I use "menuconfig"
to manipulate the .config file.

this is a class of errors Kconfig can't handle.

And if it was handled, the next problems were to check first whether the file exists, and next whether it's actually a valid DSDT table file...

Kconfig helps you to avoid many errors, but there are classes of errors it simply can't prevent.