Re: CD writing in future Linux (stirring up a hornets' nest)

From: Martin Mares
Date: Fri Feb 17 2006 - 05:49:35 EST

Hello!

> > Namespace split ATA/SCSI is unfixed in 2.01.01a06.
>
> The namne space split is a Linux kernel bug

You are getting ridiculous. A bug against what? Against your wishes?

> > Bogus warnings about /dev/* are unfixed in said version.
>
> Warnings related to Linux kernel bugs

Rubbish. The Linux bugs you have pointed to are in ide-scsi and opening
/dev/hd* directly is guaranteed to avoid them. The only warning which would
make sense would be if somebody USES ide-scsi, not if he avoids it.

> > Linux uname() detection code is broken since 2.6.10 because it assumes
> > fixed-width fields.
>
> Warnings related to Linux kernel bugs

Stop parroting and read what you are replying to.

Have a nice fortnight
--
Martin `MJ' Mares <mj@xxxxxx> http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~mj/
My Wife Says I Never Listen, Or Something Like That...