Re: Help: DGE-560T not recognized by Linux

From: Andrew Morton
Date: Sat Feb 18 2006 - 01:38:04 EST

Brian Hall <brihall@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have just built a new system, based on an Asrock 939Dual-Sata
> motherboard. It only has 100MB built-in networking (uli526x), so I
> purchased a D-Link DGE-560T PCI-e gigabit NIC ($81 at Newegg) thinking
> it was supported by Linux. Looking at the card, it appears to be a
> Marvell chip, but neither the sk98lin or skge drivers worked. I tried
> other GBe drivers as well, they didn't recognize it either.
>
> Is there a place where I can just add this card's ID and use one of the
> sk* drivers? I paged through the source but didn't see an obvious place
> to add a card ID, but it must be in there somewhere.
>
> I'm not subscribed to linux-kernel, please CC: me on replies, thanks.
>
> Here's the info from the card:
> big M on the chip (Marvell I assume)
> 88E8052-NNC
> GMAA17011A1
> 0442 A2P
>
> and on the back of the card:
>
> 00005A708649 0592
> DLink
> 531CL00467 DGE-560T 70-13-001-001
>
> from lspci:
>
> 02:00.0 0200: 1186:4b00 (rev 11)
> Subsystem: 1186:4b00

See drivers/net/sk98lin/skge.c:skge_pci_tbl[]:

/* DLink card does not have valid VPD so this driver gags
* { PCI_VENDOR_ID_DLINK, 0x4c00, PCI_ANY_ID, PCI_ANY_ID, 0, 0, 0 },
*/

That's your card, except yours is 0x4b00.

You can try it, but it might gag...

Also see drivers/net/skge.c:skge_id_table[]:

{ PCI_DEVICE(PCI_VENDOR_ID_DLINK, PCI_DEVICE_ID_DLINK_DGE510T), },

That's the same device as in sk98lin/skge.c. Try adding a line

{ PCI_DEVICE(PCI_VENDOR_ID_DLINK, 0x4b00), },