Re: CD writing in future Linux (stirring up a hornets' nest)

From: Joerg Schilling
Date: Tue Feb 21 2006 - 05:18:35 EST

"D. Hazelton" <dhazelton@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Joerg, I think it's time you stop dodging questions, shifting blame and all
> the tactics you've been using and admit that you just don't like Linux. After
> all, every time you are asked to provide a technical basis for an argument
> you have three main tactics - Dodge it entirely, misquote POSIX or say "But
> Solaris does it this way".

I did provide the details, but it is obvious that you need some basic knowledge
in order to contribute useful work.

You did look different than the trolls on this list, but now it seemd that
you also start parroting the FUD from the trolls on this list.
Note that this discussion did take many hours and it may be that it is more
efficient for me to immediately stop replying because ther is no hope that this
discussion would result in any result that is worh the effort.

> As you well know I've asked you for quality information I could use to try and
> fix the bug in the kernel where it munges the CDB for certain drives and am
> trying to work with you to develop a patch that will let libscg scan both the
> SCSI and ATA/ATAPI bus on Linux. I realize I'm an unknown factor here, since
> I've never found any place where my skills would come in useful on a major
> project like cdrecord or Linux, but now I have.

Sorry, I will not fix code that is maintained by people who have mo clean and
forseable rules for integration. This discussion has become a waste of time
and any time I spend working on Linux is definitely a waste of time as long
as decisions are comming from the belly instead of the head.

Write down a constitution for Linux, create clean rules, start making is
possible to have useful discussions on LKML and it may become different.
For now, Linux is scaring off people who know what they are doing.

Jörg

--
EMail:joerg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (home) Jörg Schilling D-13353 Berlin
js@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (uni)