Re: lsscsi-0.17 released

From: Greg KH
Date: Wed Feb 22 2006 - 12:12:29 EST

On Wed, Feb 22, 2006 at 09:34:26AM -0700, Matthew Wilcox wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 22, 2006 at 11:27:16AM -0500, Douglas Gilbert wrote:
> > Matthias Andree wrote:

> > > Heck, what was the reason for breaking userspace again?
> >
> > Maybe the person responsible can answer. I'm only reacting
> > to a change that broke two of my utilities.
>
> Probably better to cc the person responsible if you want an answer.

It was changed as there would be more than one "block" symlink in a
device's directory if more than one block device was attached to a
single struct device. For example, ub and multi-lun devices (there were
other reports of this happening for scsi devices too at the time from
what I remember.)

So, in that case, your tool would have been broken anyway, so this fix
was required to make it correct :)

The fix was to make block devices work the same way as all other class
devices, which had this fix a while ago.

thanks,

greg k-h