Re: 2.6.16-rc4-mm1

From: Alexander E. Patrakov
Date: Thu Feb 23 2006 - 04:08:36 EST

Randy.Dunlap wrote:
On Wed, 22 Feb 2006 18:47:59 +0500 Alexander E. Patrakov wrote:
zcat: stdin: decompression OK, trailing garbage ignored

No other output? what $ARCH?

No other output, the arch is i386, userspace is Debian Sarge.

What did the .config file contain? was it correct?

The end result was correct. The problematic kernel image (with the config in it) can be accessed at:

http://ums.usu.ru/~patrakov/vmlinuz-2.6.16-rc3-mm1-home

(please notify when I can erase it)

so is the only problem the zcat warning message?

Yes.

I tested extract-ikconfig several times without errors (on 2.6.16-rc4-mm1).

I will dig more into the problem today. Reverting extract-ikconfig-* patches didn't help.

--
Alexander E. Patrakov