Re: Areca RAID driver remaining items?

From: Arjan van de Ven
Date: Fri Feb 24 2006 - 03:48:30 EST

On Fri, 2006-02-24 at 10:08 +0800, erich wrote:
> Dear Arjan van de Ven,
>
> I would keep dma_alloc_coherent usage.
>
> > [Exception is that you can say that you are ok with a bigger mask for
> > this type of memory, but just don't do that if you're not]
>
> Should I remove "pci_set_dma_mask(pci_device, DMA_64BIT_MASK)" for this
> case?

no what you have is correct; the function to change this behavior is
called
pci_set_consistent_dma_mask()

pci_set_dma_mask() sets the mask for the "data" (eg dynamic mappings via
pci_map_single and pci_map_page and such). pci_set_consistent_dma_mask()
sets the mask for all the "consistent" allocators.

so again your code is fine as is. If you want to explicitly set that
mask to DMA_32BIT_MASK as documentation that you REALLY want it to be 32
bit, that is probably fine too, but not really needed.

Greetings,
Arjan van de Ven