Re: [OT] portable Makefiles (was: CD writing in future Linux (stirring up a hornets' nest))

From: Joerg Schilling
Date: Fri Feb 24 2006 - 05:09:06 EST

Tim Walberg <twalberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >> They told me that fixing would take "a while". If you believe that
> >> "a while" is 20 years, then you seem to live in a different universe then I do.
> >>

> Indeed... I had already concluded that. It now seems that in
> your universe, the time span between 1999 and 2006 is on
> the order of 20 years, which seems to be a factor of nearly
> 3 over what it is in my universe (either that, or it's not
> 2006 where you are, but rather 2019...).

I don't know in which universe you live, but in my universe software that does
not fix severe bugs after 7 years or does not publish a new version at least every
2-3 years is called deas and unmaintained. Both applies to GNU make.

Jörg

--
EMail:joerg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (home) Jörg Schilling D-13353 Berlin
js@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (uni)