Re: 2.6.16-rc4-mm2

From: Sam Ravnborg
Date: Fri Feb 24 2006 - 18:50:15 EST

On Fri, Feb 24, 2006 at 03:10:02AM -0800, Andrew Morton wrote:

> ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/akpm/patches/2.6/2.6.16-rc4/2.6.16-rc4-mm2/
>
> - Sam's new section-mismatch warning code detects 358 errors in my alpha
> build, and a quick sampling indicates that they're real. Once this hits
> mainline things will get somewhat messy.
To put credits right I just ported the functionality of the two scripts
developed by Keith Owens (reference_init.pl and reference_discarded.pl)
to modpost so the check is run each time moduels are build. All errors
introduced in the process are mine.
The scripts are kept for now so one can double check.

I had in mind to fix some of the easier ones but work is hindering it
atm.

For now it gives a warning when a drivers uses module_parm_array() and
uses __initdata for parameters. This is a false warning - at least if
sysfs attribute is '0'. Hope to look into this later.

Sam