Re: hda: irq timeout: status=0xd0 DMA question

From: Nick Warne
Date: Mon Feb 27 2006 - 13:30:23 EST

On Monday 27 February 2006 13:32, Mark Lord wrote:
> Nick Warne wrote:
> > As a user we know if DMA is OK on a ide device, right? Then let user
> > have option to set it permanent, else carry on as the code does now when
> > idex needs a reset.
>
> Does "hdparm -K1 /dev/hda" solve the problem? That's what that option was
> for originally, but I don't know if the IDE driver still uses it correctly.

Strangely, I was reading up on this at work today, and it does indeed look
like what is required (although my man page refers to -k for options -dmu ) -
so I set both -k1 -K1 options.

Now to wait and see the drive produce the error.

Thanks for help Mark,

Nick
--
"Person who say it cannot be done should not interrupt person doing it."
-Chinese Proverb