Re: Drastic Slowdown of 'fseek()' Calls From 2.4 to 2.6 -- VMM Change?

From: Hans Reiser
Date: Mon Feb 27 2006 - 15:49:47 EST

Sounds like the real problem is that glibc is doing filesystem
optimizations without making them conditional on the filesystem type.
Does anyone know the email address of the glibc guy so we can ask him
not to do that?

My entry for the ugliest thought of the day: I wonder if the kernel can
test the glibc version and.....

Hans