Re: [2.4.32 - 2.6.15.4] e1000 - Fix mii interface

From: Paul Rolland
Date: Tue Feb 28 2006 - 05:43:49 EST

Hello Jesse,

> spddplx += (mii_reg & 0x100)
> - ? FULL_DUPLEX :
> - HALF_DUPLEX;
> + ? DUPLEX_FULL :
> + DUPLEX_HALF;

As I said in my first mail, I didn't want to go that way as one of the
two DUPLEX_FULL or DUPLEX_HALF is defined as being 0, which prevents
detecting incorrect/incomplete initializations.

The problem I had came from :
mii-tool -F 100BaseTx-FD eth0
when at the same time the ethtool interface was OK.

But you are right, the change I made missed the second caller.

The correct change is yours, though for the reason I put above, I think
it'll make it harder to spot other bugs ;)

Well done,
Paul