Re: [OT] portable Makefiles (was: CD writing in future Linux (stirring up a hornets' nest))

From: Joerg Schilling
Date: Wed Mar 01 2006 - 11:16:22 EST

David Weinehall <tao@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > > Oh, and as an update, 3.81rc1 was release on the 19th of February 2006.
> > >
> > > Yeah, very unmaintained and dead upstream...
> >
> > None of the bugs I did report has been fixed.
>
> Well, the bug you complain most about is about spewing of some
> warnings for something completely harmless. I know of another
> certain set of software that spews unnecessary and annoying
> warnings. Those haven't been removed for despite complaints for
> several years either. Does this mean that cdrecord is an unmaintained
> piece of software that's dead upstream?

If you do not understand the diffeence between a useful warning (as with
cdrecord) and a warning that is a result of a severe bug caused by incorrect
make file handling (as in GNU make) you are obviously wrong here.

Jörg

--
EMail:joerg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (home) Jörg Schilling D-13353 Berlin
js@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (uni)