Re: + proc-dont-lock-task_structs-indefinitely-cpuset-fix-2.patchadded to -mm tree

From: Paul Jackson
Date: Wed Mar 01 2006 - 18:38:34 EST

Andrew wrote:
> But Paul bisected it down to a particular not-merged patch,
> gregkh-driver-allow-sysfs-attribute-files-to-be-pollable.patch, which I'll
> admit doesn't look like it'll cause this.

Verified.

Also ...

1) As stated before, this is -only- with CONFIG_DEBUG_SPINLOCK and
CONFIG_DEBUG_SPINLOCK_SLEEP enabled. If I turn these two off,
it boots fine.

2) Because the patch:
gregkh-driver-put_device-might_sleep.patch
that comes just before here was causing me to worry with its
added error messages, I removed it from my stack. That made
no difference to the failing boot (it simply removed the
error messages, as Greg would predict.)

--
I won't rest till it's the best ...
Programmer, Linux Scalability