Re: PCI-DMA: Out of IOMMU space on x86-64 (Athlon64x2), with solution

From: Jeff Garzik
Date: Fri Mar 03 2006 - 17:21:18 EST

Andi Kleen wrote:
On Friday 03 March 2006 22:27, Allen Martin wrote:

nForce4 has 64 bit (40 bit AMD64) DMA in the SATA controller. We gave
the docs to Jeff Garzik under NDA. He posted some non functional driver
code to linux-ide earlier this week that has the 64 bit registers and
structures although it doesn't make use of them. Someone could pick
this up if they wanted to work on it though.

Thanks for the correction. Sounds nice - hopefully we'll get a driver soon.
I guess it's in good hands with Jeff for now.

I'll happen but not soon. Motivation is low at NV and here as well, since newer NV is AHCI. The code in question, "NV ADMA", is essentially legacy at this point -- though I certainly acknowledge the large current installed base. Just being honest about the current state of things...

Jeff