Re: PATA failure with piix, works with libata

From: Matthew Garrett
Date: Sun Mar 05 2006 - 17:55:37 EST

Ok, it /seems/ that things are happier (though still not entirely happy)
if I explicitly acknowledge the interrupt by writing the dma status
register back again. This doesn't seem to be done anywhere in the IDE
interrupt routine, but is in the libata one. I'm afraid I don't
understand IDE well enough to have any idea what's going on here - is it
possible that a piix in native mode (rather than legacy mode) and
sharing an interrupt needs some special handling?

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59@xxxxxxxxxxxxx