Re: LibPATA code issues / 2.6.15.4

From: David Greaves
Date: Mon Mar 06 2006 - 01:11:20 EST

Mark Lord wrote:
David Greaves wrote:
Just FYI - I'm away (in Canada) for 2 weeks so can't do any additional
testing until I return.

Am I correct, in that your last test on rc5-git4 was a failure?
It was *much* better than rc4 but it did have an error.
I *think* the problem I'm seeing is likely to be similar to the one I orginally reported (on 2.6.15 IIRC)
Same sporadic warning/error which didn't usually trigger the raid-boot-the-disk behaviour that the FUA code seemed to.
But without the "opcode" display in the error messages,
so we have no idea exactly what caused the errors (again!)?
Yes. I thought the/a opcode-verbose patch was in there but I guess not.
I don't have remote console access to the machine so wouldn't be able to carry out reliable kernel tests - sorry.
Of course I'll do this as soon as I return.

[Whatcha doin up here?]
[:) 2weeks skiing in Whistler (this time - 10 days canadian canoeing in Algonquin last time!)
Canada's great !!]

David