Re: PROBLEM: rt_sigsuspend() does not return EINTR on 2.6.16-rc2+

From: Andrew Morton
Date: Mon Mar 06 2006 - 05:48:09 EST

Matthew Grant <grantma@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> OK, a major piece of software is broken for mounting removable media. A
> kernel upgrade from 2.6.15 SHOULDn't do that.

Yes, this is a serious problem and we need to get to the bottom of it.

Could you please describe, in super-simple steps, how one should go about
reproducing it?

Also, the entire strace output for both good and bad kernels might be
useful. Am wondering what your fd #4 refers to.

A socket, I guess. It _might_ not be a signal or poll problem at all (but
it probably is, given the track record of those patches).

Do you have time to do a git-bisect?