Re: PROBLEM: rt_sigsuspend() does not return EINTR on 2.6.16-rc2+

From: David Woodhouse
Date: Mon Mar 06 2006 - 06:28:41 EST

On Mon, 2006-03-06 at 21:28 +1300, Matthew Grant wrote:
> OK, a major piece of software is broken for mounting removable media.
> A kernel upgrade from 2.6.15 SHOULDn't do that.
>
> Could you please tell me where go I go next?

Your approach seemed fine -- strace it, look for important differences.
You were quite right to pick up on the difference in sigsuspend()
behaviour, but in reality it's going to be a false positive, so you
should keep looking for other differences.

And as Andrew says, give us enough information to reproduce for
ourselves -- and describe the real problem, because 'rt_sigsuspend()
does not return -EINTR' isn't it, although was a reasonable enough
assumption on your part.

--
dwmw2