Re: sysctls inside containers

From: Dave Hansen
Date: Mon Mar 06 2006 - 11:25:52 EST

On Sat, 2006-03-04 at 03:27 -0700, Eric W. Biederman wrote:
> > I don't see an immediately clear solution on how to containerize sysctls
> > properly. The entire construct seems to be built around getting data
> > from in and out of global variables and into /proc files.
>
> I successfully handled pid_max. So while it is awkward you can get
> per task values in and out if sysctl.

This:

http://www.kernel.org/git/gitweb.cgi?p=linux/kernel/git/ebiederm/linux-2.6-ns.git;a=commitdiff;h=1150082e0bae41a3621043b4c5ce15e9112884fa

sir, is a hack :)

We can't possibly do that for each and every sysctl variable. It would
mean about fourteen billion duplicated _conv() functions.

I'm wondering if, instead of having the .data field in that table, we
can have a function pointer which, when called, gives a pointer to the
data. I'll give it a shot.

-- Dave