Re: CDROM support for Promise 20269

From: John Treubig
Date: Mon Mar 06 2006 - 11:38:48 EST

Thanks Randy and Robert. Your suggestion fixed the problem.

From: "Randy.Dunlap" <rdunlap@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Robert Hancock <hancockr@xxxxxxx>, albertcc@xxxxxxxxxx,jtreubig@xxxxxxxxxxx
CC: linux-kernel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, scsi <linux-scsi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: CDROM support for Promise 20269
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2006 15:35:17 -0800

On Fri, 03 Mar 2006 17:25:54 -0600 Robert Hancock wrote:

> John Treubig wrote:
> > I've been working on a problem with Promise 20269 PATA adapter under
> > LibATA that if I attach a CDROM drive, I can not see the drive. The
> > message log reports that the driver sees the device, but when I'm fully
> > booted, there's no device available.
>
> ..
>
> > [ 118.621489] scsi4 : pata_pdc2027x
> > [ 118.643926] ata1(1): WARNING: ATAPI is disabled, device ignored.
>
> Sounds like your problem there.. need to enable ATAPI in your
> libata/PATA kernel configuration?

Please don't drop cc's etc. Just use reply-to-all.

For John: this means that you need to load libata with this option:
atapi_enabled=1
So if you build it into the kernel image, add this to the boot option:
libata.atapi_enabled=1
or if you load it as a module, just add: atapi_enabled=1
or you can edit the source file and change the variable to 1,
but that's the least preferable way IMO.

---
~Randy