Re: 2.6.16-rc5 'lost' cpu

From: Bill Davidsen
Date: Mon Mar 06 2006 - 15:20:13 EST

jensmh@xxxxxx wrote:
This is a dual xeon system with hyper threading enabled, so there should
be 4 cpus

It decided that the first CPU had only one sibling, sounds like an ACPI issue, if I had to place a bet I would lean to the hardware/BIOS not admitting to that 2nd sibling.

jm@voyager ~ $ ll /proc/acpi/processor/
total 0
dr-xr-xr-x 2 root root 0 Mar 2 05:01 CPU0
dr-xr-xr-x 2 root root 0 Mar 2 05:01 CPU1
dr-xr-xr-x 2 root root 0 Mar 2 05:01 CPU3

jm@voyager ~ $ cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor : 0
vendor_id : GenuineIntel
cpu family : 15
model : 2
model name : Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 2.80GHz
stepping : 9
cpu MHz : 2792.148
cache size : 512 KB
physical id : 0
siblings : 1
core id : 0
cpu cores : 1
fdiv_bug : no
hlt_bug : no
f00f_bug : no
coma_bug : no
fpu : yes
fpu_exception : yes
cpuid level : 2
wp : yes
flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe cid xtpr
bogomips : 5588.74

processor : 1
vendor_id : GenuineIntel
cpu family : 15
model : 2
model name : Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 2.80GHz
stepping : 9
cpu MHz : 2799.930
cache size : 512 KB
physical id : 3
siblings : 2
core id : 0
cpu cores : 1
fdiv_bug : no
hlt_bug : no
f00f_bug : no
coma_bug : no
fpu : yes
fpu_exception : yes
cpuid level : 2
wp : yes
flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe cid xtpr
bogomips : 5581.39

processor : 2
vendor_id : GenuineIntel
cpu family : 15
model : 2
model name : Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 2.80GHz
stepping : 9
cpu MHz : 2799.930
cache size : 512 KB
physical id : 3
siblings : 2
core id : 0
cpu cores : 1
fdiv_bug : no
hlt_bug : no
f00f_bug : no
coma_bug : no
fpu : yes
fpu_exception : yes
cpuid level : 2
wp : yes
flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe cid xtpr
bogomips : 5581.34

--
-bill davidsen (davidsen@xxxxxxx)