Re: LibPATA code issues / 2.6.15.4

From: Bill Davidsen
Date: Tue Mar 07 2006 - 11:55:24 EST

Mark Lord wrote:
David Greaves wrote:

/dev/sda:
[...snip...]
..
hdparm-6.4 says:

Is there a version of that which will build on x86? I grabbed the version offered at freshmeat, but it won't compile on any x86 distro or gcc version to which I have access. RH8, RH9, FC1, FC3, FC4, ubuntu... with or without using the suggested alternate header.

Model Number: Maxtor 6B200M0
Serial Number: B4038RRH
Firmware Revision: BANC1980

Commands/features:
Enabled Supported:
* NOP cmd
* READ BUFFER cmd
* WRITE BUFFER cmd
* Look-ahead
* Write cache
* Power Management feature set
* SMART feature set
* FLUSH_CACHE_EXT
* Mandatory FLUSH_CACHE
* Device Configuration Overlay feature set
* 48-bit Address feature set
SET_MAX security extension
Advanced Power Management feature set
* DOWNLOAD_MICROCODE
* WRITE_{DMA|MULTIPLE}_FUA_EXT
* SMART self-test
* SMART error logging

So, yes, the drive is either lying about "* WRITE_{DMA|MULTIPLE}_FUA_EXT",
or it didn't like the parameters it was given, or the SATA/IDE controller
chip didn't like the command.