Re: How can I link the kernel with libgcc ?

From: Robert Hancock
Date: Thu Mar 09 2006 - 21:30:48 EST

Carlos Munoz wrote:
Hi all,

I'm writing an audio driver and the hardware requires floating point arithmetic. When I build the kernel I get the following errors at link time:

Floating point + kernel = no no. If the hardware requires floating point manipulations this should go in userspace.

These symbols are coming from gcc. What I would like to do is link the kernel with libgcc to solve this errors. I'm looking at the kernel makefiles and it doesn't seem obvious to me how to do it. Does anyone know how I can link the kernel with libgcc, or point me in the right direction ?

This is almost certainly a bad idea. The functions inside libgcc are not designed to run inside a kernel.

--
Robert Hancock Saskatoon, SK, Canada
To email, remove "nospam" from hancockr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx