Re: Which kernel is the best for a small linux system?

From: Adrian Bunk
Date: Mon Mar 13 2006 - 13:58:47 EST

On Mon, Mar 13, 2006 at 01:41:27PM -0500, Lee Revell wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-03-13 at 19:27 +0100, Sam Ravnborg wrote:
> > # latencies up to 80% slower
>
> This is certainly bullshit, it has not been true since 2.6.7 or so.
>
> Did not visit the page but that list smells like they are selling
> something.

The might be issues already fixed in 2.6.15 (he tested the then-current
2.6.11.7) or there might be powerpc specific problems, but after a quick
look at this page it looks like a serious page.

He also posted the complete lmbench results, dmesg's and .config's at
his page, and from a first view I'd say he has very well documented
what and how he measured.

> Lee

cu
Adrian