Re: New libata PATA patch for 2.6.16-rc1

From: Chris Boot
Date: Tue Mar 14 2006 - 14:52:41 EST

Alistair John Strachan wrote:
On Tuesday 14 March 2006 01:24, Alan Cox wrote:
On Llu, 2006-03-13 at 17:13 +0000, Alistair John Strachan wrote:
However, I just tried the same driver on my desktop PC (4xSATA HDs,
1xPATA) and I get the following periodically (when the PATA device is NOT
being used):
Can you try the vanilla rc6 kernel to check, and if it does it then let
Jeff Garzik known ASAP - especially if rc4 was ok.

ata1: irq trap

No such error without your patch on this machine. I've got a RAID5 spanning four SATA drives on a dual core Athlon 64, and it'll happily do 185MB/s to /dev/null with the command:

for FILE in *; do dd if="$FILE" of=/dev/null bs=1M; done

300,000 interrupts later, still no messages. Anything I can do to isolate this further?

I'd like to second this. On -rc5-ide{1,2} I didn't have any trouble, but now on -rc6-ide1 I keep getting the messages on all 4 of my SATA drives (2 on sata_via, 2 on sata_sil). I haven't tried with vanilla -rc6 but let me know if that can help.

HTH,
Chris

--
Chris Boot