RE: Exports for hrtimer APIs

From: Stone, Joshua I
Date: Tue Mar 14 2006 - 16:46:52 EST

Adrian Bunk wrote:
> The question is if the exports you want to add to the kernel are
> acceptable or not.
>
> If the answer would be "no", trying to threaten with this kind of
> cheap tricks is silly since the answer to your exported wrappers
> would be the same as for the direct exports.

Sorry, I didn't mean to sound threatening...

My response was meant to address Christoph's implication that we
shouldn't be keeping SystemTap out of the kernel tree. Due to the
nature of SystemTap, I don't see any way around this.

If it is decided that hrtimers are unacceptable for export, I'll respect
that decision.

Josh