Re: 2.6.16-rc6: swsusp cannot find swap partition

From: Mark Lord
Date: Fri Mar 17 2006 - 00:32:32 EST

Mark Lord wrote:
Pavel,

I have two nearly identical Kubuntu-5.10 notebooks here,
both of which work perfectly with suspend-to-RAM and
just about everything else.

Both of them also did swsusp until today.
Now one of them fails, but the other still works.
The one that failed was just upgraded from a 2.6.12-based kernel
to the stock 2.6.16-rc6-git7, same kernel as the one that works.

I instrumented the swsusp code to try and see why it fails,
and here (attached) is the result. It's skipping over the swap
partition for some reason.

Why?

Ahh.. found it. Nevermind.

The swap partitions differ between the two machines,
but I had used (ages ago..) CONFIG_PM_STD_PARTITION="/dev/sda6"
in the kernel config on the good machine, and that's not quite
right for the other machine.

Cheers