Re: [patch 2/2] mspec driver

From: Nick Piggin
Date: Fri Mar 17 2006 - 09:16:47 EST

Jes Sorensen wrote:
Nick Piggin wrote:

No problem, I think you should just stop using the VM_PFNMAP flag then.
[Linus should jump in here if I'm wrong ;)]

I'd have to go back and find the discussion to verify, but if I
remember correctly the conclusion was that I needed to use it in
order to make sure that vm_normal_page() didn't start thinking it was
in fact a real page, ie. VM_PFNMAP + never a COW mapping..

Oh of course: the primary purpose for VM_PFNMAP is to signal a pfn
mapping, strangely enough. The COW facility is additional to that.
Sorry.

--
SUSE Labs, Novell Inc.