Re: 3ware 6x00 monitor/control utilities broken/dropped since 2.6.10?

From: Jeffrey V. Merkey
Date: Sat Mar 18 2006 - 16:06:00 EST

Dave,

I had to revert to 2.6.9-22 ES4 kernels to solve this, and I still needed to update the 3Ware driver in 2.6.9. There's a patch that includes the latest 3Ware drivers that appears to make this work at ftp.soleranetworks.com:/var/ftp/pub/solera/dsfs/. Look under the ES4 directory for the kernel and patch.

Jeff

Dave Johnson wrote:

I have a 3ware 6400 controller that I've been using for some 5 years
without problems. I just upgraded my kernel from 2.6.9 to
2.6.15.6 and now the 3ware provided monitoring/control daemon (3dm) will
no longer talk to the driver in 2.6.15.

It appears that /proc/scsi/3w-xxxx which the daemon relies on was removed
from the driver:

open("/proc/scsi/3w-xxxx", O_RDONLY|O_NONBLOCK|O_LARGEFILE|O_DIRECTORY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
open("/proc/scsi/3w-xxxx-z", O_RDONLY|O_NONBLOCK|O_LARGEFILE|O_DIRECTORY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)

The problem is I'm already using the latest 3ware utilities (v6.9 for
the 6400). While the driver does allow access to the array from the
SCSI subsystem and I can use the filesystem, I have no way to monitor
or control it anymore.

Any suggestions besides reverting back to 2.6.9 and staying there?

I'd be happy to use a different monitor/control program if one exists.