Re: OOPS: 2.6.16-rc6 cpufreq_conservative

From: Andrew Morton
Date: Sun Mar 19 2006 - 18:05:19 EST

Linus Torvalds <torvalds@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Here's another uninlining patch if you want it.

Yes, the bitops need that.

We have a 50-patch series against the bitops code queued up. It's from
Akinobu Mita. It consolidates of all the C-coded operations which
archtectures are presently duplicating. In toto:

It does include uninlining of the hweight functions, although I note that
include/asm-generic/bitops/__ffs.h remains inlined. I don't know how many
architectures are using the generic code though.