Mouse problems, kernel issue?

From: marcos cunha
Date: Mon Mar 20 2006 - 15:29:34 EST

Hello all again,

this is one more shot about the v2.4.lastest VS v.2.6.lastest problems
that I got while updating. Follows both DMESG's. I'm running a
brand-new Slackware 10.2 distro, with the original kernel and a 2.6
kernel, recent compilation.

When I boot in the 2.4, I need to move the mouse constantly from the
LILO select menu to the login screen of the main console. When I dont
do it, even my mouse get working vertically, or simply dont work. On
2.6 doesnt matter I do, it doesnt work.

Ps.: It's a 5-button PS/2 (IMPS/2) Dr.Hank optical mouse. Do I need
any special config?

Regards,
jake.