Re: interactive task starvation

From: Mike Galbraith
Date: Tue Mar 21 2006 - 08:59:33 EST

On Wed, 2006-03-22 at 00:45 +1100, Con Kolivas wrote:

> I give up. Add as many tunables as you like in as many places as possible that
> even less people will understand. You've already told me you'll be running
> 0,0.

Instead of giving up, how about look at the code and make a suggestion
for improvement? It's not an easy problem, as you're well aware.

I really don't see why you're (seemingly) getting irate. Tunables for
this are no different that tunables like CHILD_PENALTY etc etc etc. How
many casual users know those exist, much less understand them?

-Mike