swap prefetching merge plans

From: Con Kolivas
Date: Thu Mar 23 2006 - 02:07:45 EST

On Thu, 23 Mar 2006 03:53 pm, Andrew Morton wrote:
> A look at the -mm lineup for 2.6.17:

> mm-implement-swap-prefetching.patch
> mm-implement-swap-prefetching-fix.patch
> mm-implement-swap-prefetching-tweaks.patch

> Still don't have a compelling argument for this, IMO.

For those users who feel they do have a compelling argument for it, please
speak now or I'll end up maintaining this in -ck only forever. I've come to
depend on it with my workloads now so I'm never dropping it. There's no point
me explaining how it is useful yet again, though, because I just end up
looking like I'm handwaving. It seems a shame for it not to be available to
all linux users.

Cheers,
Con