Re: [2.6.16 PATCH] Connector: Filesystem Events Connector v3

From: CaT
Date: Fri Mar 24 2006 - 02:50:43 EST

On Thu, Mar 23, 2006 at 11:42:00PM -0800, Andrew Morton wrote:
> You explained why it was better than grafting audit onto this application.
>
> But do you see some special value in the actual services which this patch
> provides - monitoring filesystem events?

Is there something around atm that would, for example, allow a virus
scanner to scan files when they are created, etc? Or to add files to
an index for quick searches?

There are probably other potential uses but I'm too tired and those two
come to mind right now.

--
"To the extent that we overreact, we proffer the terrorists the
greatest tribute."