Re: [patch] Ignore MCFG if the mmconfig area isn't reserved in thee820table

From: Arjan van de Ven
Date: Fri Mar 24 2006 - 10:21:53 EST

Ashok Raj wrote:
On Thu, Mar 23, 2006 at 11:15:19AM -0800, Arjan van de Ven wrote:

> I'll do a new patch using this for x86_64 though, no need to make a
> second function like this.

int __init e820_mapped(unsigned long start, unsigned long end,
unsigned type)

Why not use the same type of function like x86_64 as well instead of the newly
added is_820_mapped()? If the purpose of both functions is the same, i386 could benefit with same style code instead of a slight variant.

the purpose is not the same. the e820_mapped function is far less strict in its check
(I'm still afraid it is too weak for this purpose actually)

and it's not is_e820_mapped but is_e820_reserved()