Re: [Alsa-devel] [ALSA] AdLib FM card driver

From: Clemens Ladisch
Date: Mon Mar 27 2006 - 03:29:10 EST

Rene Herman wrote:
> [...]
> I also stuck a very tiny HOWTO in ALSA-Configuration.txt, assuming quite
> a few people would have no idea how to operate the thing, even if they
> do happen across a card. Is it okay there?

It should probably go into a seperate file below Documentation/.

> + This module supports multiple cards. It does not support autoprobe, so
> + the port must be specified. For actual AdLib FM cards it will be 0x388.

Does it make sense to support more than one card or a non-default port
address? I.e., is there any card using an OPL2/3 that we do not have a
driver for (except the AdLib FM)?

I think at least the port address for the first card should be defaulted
to 0x388.

Regards,
Clemens