AverMedia 6 Eyes AVS6EYES driver

From: Martin Samuelsson
Date: Mon Mar 27 2006 - 05:42:13 EST

Hello again!

This time, I bring you a somewhat larger patch than the previous one. It adds support for the AverMedia AVS6EYES Zoran-based MJPEG card. And it's not base64 encoded. Sorry about that one.

It can be found at

http://sam.kfib.org/sixeyes/linux-2.6.16-avs6eyes.diff

and weighs in at a respectable 46 kB.

I've tried to keep it as small as possible, but it does affect quite a number of things:

It adds a whole new driver, for the Conexant bt866 video encoder.
It imports an almost whole new driver, created within the Marvel project, for the Samsung ks0127 video decoder.
It modifies drivers/media/video/Kconfig,
drivers/media/video/Makefile,
drivers/media/video/zoran_card.c,
drivers/media/video/zoran.h,
Documentation/video4linux/Zoran
and include/linux/i2c-id.h

The latter defines two experimental I2C_DRIVERIDs; not suited for real usage, but I'm not sure about how to obtain official ones.

I've stripped the ks0127 driver of all Marvel specific stuff, and reworked a few crucial functions to use stock kernel names for video modes and such things.

The diff is against the 2.6.16 tree, and considering its size and impact, it would probably be wise to let somebody with a little spare time take a look at it before inclusion.

I'd appreciate being kept in the recipient list in case of discussion.

Regards,
/Sam