Re: [ck] Re: swap prefetching merge plans

From: André Goddard Rosa
Date: Mon Mar 27 2006 - 10:35:01 EST

On 3/26/06, Con Kolivas <kernel@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sunday 26 March 2006 17:42, Mike Galbraith wrote:
> > On Sun, 2006-03-26 at 19:08 +1100, Con Kolivas wrote:
> > > I guess me criticising your patches made you want to find flaws with my
> > > code.
> >
> > I was simply curious as to how well the damn thing performs Con. Don't
> > worry though, I'll never make the mistake of testing and reporting ever
> > again.
>
> That was a foolishly bitter comment from me that you did absolutely nothing to
> deserve and I humbly apologise.

@Mike: Do we have a testcase for the sleep problem?

@Con: Is it possible to patch staircase to address this issue as Mike
did with the stock kernel, so I can see the testcase suceeding?
Perhaps changing a little the interactivity detection algorithm
(disabling fairness a little)?

I would like to test any patches to improve this situation on staircase too.
I would like to see more cooperation on both of you, as you are trying
to solve the same problems as I can see.

Please keep walking in the same direction and try to help each other. :)
Thank you both for your effort, it is very apreciated,
--
[]s,

André Goddard