Re: hda-intel woes

From: Jeff V. Merkey
Date: Mon Mar 27 2006 - 18:51:36 EST

Visit www.redhat.com.

Purchase a support contract for customer service, fastest way to get help.

Jeff

Friedrich GÃpel wrote:

This same message was sent to the alsa mailinglist 3 weeks ago,
but it still seems to be waiting on being moderated, so I'm resending
this here.

Hi,

I tried installing linux on my sister's new acer extensa 6700 laptop.
I tried Fedora FC4, FC5 test 3 and now Gentoo with various kernel and
alsa versions (specifically 1.0.10 and 1.0.11-rc3 and whatever is in
fedora before and after a full update).
Also I set up a friends vaio laptop also with an intel hd audio chip,
which is working peachy.
I also tried model=basic/hp/fujitsu just in case.

Just to preempt the question: I did unmute and raise the mixer levels.

Anyways the damn thing is not to be convinced to produce a single
sound.

In light of this I suppose Acer did something nasty to that chip.

I'm attatching here the relevant part of lspci -vv in hopes of somebody
being either able to point out a fix or tell me if it's going to be
supported sometime soon.

I could pose as a genuea pig if neccessary.
Also if there is any further information I should gather just tell me.

Otherwise it's back to windows for my sister I guess.

PS. I'm not subscribed to the list so please CC me.
Thanks.

00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801FB/FBM/FR/FW/FRW (ICH6 Family) High Definition Audio Controller (rev 04)
Subsystem: Acer Incorporated [ALI] Unknown device 008f
Control: I/O- Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B-
Capabilities: [60] Message Signalled Interrupts: 64bit+ Queue=0/0 Enable-
Address: 0000000000000000 Data: 0000
Capabilities: [70] Express Unknown type IRQ 0
Device: Supported: MaxPayload 128 bytes, PhantFunc 0, ExtTag-
Device: Latency L0s <64ns, L1 <1us
Device: Errors: Correctable- Non-Fatal- Fatal- Unsupported-
Device: RlxdOrd- ExtTag- PhantFunc- AuxPwr- NoSnoop+
Device: MaxPayload 128 bytes, MaxReadReq 128 bytes
Link: Supported Speed unknown, Width x0, ASPM unknown, Port 0
Link: Latency L0s <64ns, L1 <1us
Link: ASPM Disabled CommClk- ExtSynch-
Link: Speed unknown, Width x0
Capabilities: [100] Virtual Channel