Re: [RFC] Virtualization steps

From: Kirill Korotaev
Date: Tue Mar 28 2006 - 03:49:26 EST

so IMHO, we should make a kernel branch (Eric or Sam
are probably willing to maintain that), which we keep
in-sync with mainline (not necessarily git, but at least snapshot wise), where we put all the patches
we agree on, and each party should then adjust the
existing solution to this kernel, so we get some deep
testing in the process, and everybody can see if it
'works' for him or not ...

ACK. A collection of patches that we can all agree
on sounds like something worth aiming for.

It looks like Kirill last round of patches can form
a nucleus for that. So far I have seem plenty of technical
objects but no objections to the general direction.
yup, I will fix everything and will come with a set of patches for IPC, so we could select which way is better to do it :)

So agreement appears possible.
Nice to hear this!

Eric, we have a GIT repo on openvz.org already:
http://git.openvz.org

we will create a separate branch also called -acked, where patches agreed upon will go.

Thanks,
Kirill