Re: failed to configure iptables with 2.6.16 kernel

From: Harald Welte
Date: Tue Mar 28 2006 - 05:20:54 EST

On Tue, Mar 28, 2006 at 01:10:54PM +0000, Hubert Tonneau wrote:
> Harald Welte wrote:
> >
> > this sounds like you're missing support for the tcp/udp match.
> > This functionality is implemented in xt_tcpudp.{c,ko}, which is compiled
> > as soon as x_tables is compiled.

great.

> So, the problem was just that the new 'x_tables' module is loaded automatically
> according to modules dependencies, but 'xt_tcpudp' is not.

that is strange, since the iptables userspace program should explicitly
request loading that module.

unfortunately you didn't reply to my question on the version number of
the iptables program. Maybe we have some yet-unknown issues with old
iptables versions, and I want to get to the bottom of this.

--
- Harald Welte <laforge@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> http://netfilter.org/
on while IP was being designed." -- Paul Vixie