Re: [OT] Non-GCC compilers used for linux userspace

From: Kyle Moffett
Date: Tue Mar 28 2006 - 12:10:25 EST

On Mar 28, 2006, at 11:59:13, Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:
"KM" == Kyle Moffett <mrmacman_g4@xxxxxxx> writes:
So does anybody compile userspace under anything other than GCC or Intel compilers? Do any such compilers even exist?

PGI and PathScale are around. Lahey, too, although they seem to just do Fortran now.

I doubt you'd want to worry about compiling the entire userland with these compilers, however.

Mainly I want to know if I should even bother making the kabi headers compile with anything other than GCC. Judging from the apparently negligible number of users, it doesn't sound like something I should spend much or any time on, at least for now.

Cheers,
Kyle Moffett