Re: [Patch 0/8] per-task delay accounting

From: Peter Chubb
Date: Thu Mar 30 2006 - 21:53:34 EST

>>>>> "Shailabh" == Shailabh Nagar <nagar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

Shailabh> To this list we can also add

Shailabh> Microstate accounting Peter Chubb
Shailabh> <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> I don't know if Peter is still
Shailabh> interested in pursuing this or it was rejected.

It's still maintained in a sporadic sort of way --- I update it when
either I need it for something, or someone's downloaded it and asks
why it doesn't work agains kernel X.Y.Z. I see a few downloads a

My microstate accounting patch overlaps the delay accounting patch quite a
lot in functionality, (but I thnk mine is cleaner except for interrupt
time accounting... which the delay accounting patch doesn't do. I
wanted to know how much time a thread *really* had on the processor,
subtracting off the time spent in interrupt handlers for some other

Dr Peter Chubb peterc AT ERTOS within National ICT Australia
More majordomo info at
Please read the FAQ at