Re: Dual Core on Linux questions

From: Bill Davidsen
Date: Wed Apr 05 2006 - 14:27:46 EST

Jeff Garzik wrote:
Bill Davidsen wrote:
Jeff Garzik wrote:
Pallipadi, Venkatesh wrote:
From cpufreq perspective multiple things are possible in the way
processor will support the multi-core frequency changing. and most of
the things are handled at cpufreq inside kernel. I think there should be
minima changes required in cpufreqd if any.

4) we power down a core.

Is this just for completeness of the set, something someone might do someday, or does someone really have a hotplug core product?

Not hotplug, just power it down.

Is that actually possible on any current hardware? I didn't see it in any doc I have, but it's all "CPU specs for dummies." ;-)