Re: 2.6.16-rt11: Hires timer makes sleep wait far too long

From: Jonathan Woithe
Date: Thu Apr 06 2006 - 19:54:48 EST

Thomas

> On Wed, 2006-04-05 at 09:51 +0930, Jonathan Woithe wrote:
> > ENABLING IO-APIC IRQs
> > ..TIMER: vector=0x31 apic1=0 pin1=2 apic2=-1 pin2=-1
> > Event source pit new caps set: 05
> > Event source lapic installed with caps set: 02
> > :
> > Time: tsc clocksource has been installed.
> > hrtimers: Switched to high resolution mode CPU 0
> > :
> > Time: acpi_pm clocksource has been installed.
> > hrtimers: Switched to high resolution mode CPU 0
>
> Nothing wrong so far. I have to find a test box with pm timer to get
> some more info.

Note that the fault condition persisted no matter which clocksource was
in use: I tried all four (tsc, pm_timer, jiffies, pit) and they all resulted
in "sleep 1" lasting far longer than 1 second.

Feel free to email if I can be of further assistance. In the meantime I'll
try 2.6.16-rt12 over the weekend to see if the situation is any different.

Regards
jonathan